Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Renewable Energy Reality Check

Ordinarily, I don't devote too much space here to repost other writers' columns but I recently came across the One in a Billion blog by Schalk Cloete, a South African doctoral candidate currently studying in Norway.  He recently posted to his blog a column entitled the Renewable Energy Reality Check which I recommend to you. The theme is precisely as it sounds, that is, as a practical matter there is only so much we will be able to do with renewables to combat climate change. Cloete's column has also been reviewed by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review which can be found here. Of course, there are others who contend that his argument lacks vision. To that I would caution that there is a fine line between vision and hallucination. As a pragmatic renewable energy professional, I find his thoughts worthy of consideration.  


1 comment:

  1. I liked the facts that you have discussed in your blog. The point that discussed the insufficient energy return inspires me the most. Please post some blogs related to issues of power plant maintenance also. I would love to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I welcome your thoughts. However, no anonymous comments. Professional discourse demands that you identify yourself.